Thursday, October 7, 2010

w

We met at night
gazing over the moonlit sky.
we talked of the world
whether or not we had
any part in it.

We were imigrates,
at first, aliens to the soul
of the earth we set our claws on
and wings in, isolated, craving
for a connection.

So we roamed around everynight
pressing our feet into the paths
trying to fit in, yet yearning for
the originary grounds we had come from.
Ba-ing like cultivated sheep.

Our bells rang along the distance
into the barn boy's ears, sound asleep
on a hay stack so steep.
Oh if he were to topple over,
We would snatch him by the collar.

You spoke of sacrifice,
looking up quite sinisterly.
While a hint of sorrow goes by
that grin of yours, trembling
with puzzled anxiety.

I am chained, you said
for the sake of my bottomless
soul, afraid to lose conscience
if they were not there to keep
myself secure, you explain.

But your still wild inside your head,
No wolf can be tamed in sheep's wool
so you've been slashed and whipped
till your heart wept itself dry, cold
like the chains that cling to you.

You devour each passerby
with a starved and startled look
it took some courage to take your hands
in mine while your paws hastely
wrapped round my hips.

Under your smiling lips
there was always this
doomed savageness.
Let's pretend we're human.
We cried under the moon.

One night you bit me
pulling me into your coarse
black lims, I struggled in the depth
of the holes your heart possesed,
made by continuous stabs, I carressed.

Give me time, I chanted calmly.
With a cure for your ancient maladies
the light to fill your wounds.
I'll come back, I assured. Wailing
you went off into the wilderness.

I ran off, in disgust, not looking back
and shuddered off the merky darkness
that had clung to me for ages. Washed
myself at dusk and walked till dawn
towards the sunset of the west.

No comments: